Friday, April 7, 2017

Family Vacation 2016

In September, we drove up to the mountains in Arizona for a family vacation. It had been 4 years since we had set aside this much time to spend just on us, and it was very looked forward to and needed!  It was quite rustic, in a sense, although the cabin had all lovely amenities (except internet - YAY!).  The nights were cool, the days were warm, and there was a creek that ran along the back of the property we rented.  We caught crayfish (I say "we" here in the most proverbial way), and caught fish.  We enjoyed campfires, played games, hiked, and laughed.  We talked, sang, read our Bibles, read books, and watched movies.  I cried a bit of cathartic tears as we drove in to the cabin, and cried a little again as we were leaving - it was truly a lovely and healing time for all of us!  I won't label any pictures, they're pretty self-explanatory.  We did decide after this that we won't wait four years until our next vacation!  =)




















































































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you guys did this vacation together! I know that my very, very favourite times growing up were when it was just our family. I mean we had lots of fun with others too, but it was so special when it was just us. Of course, I am in NO WAY saying you should come to Ontario less, or that you should tell aunts and uncles to stay home because you want family time (ahem!) but I'm glad you made it a priority and made such special memories together. Love all the pictures too!
Love,
Rebekah :)

Esther Wallis said...

I appreciate that the family had time to get away together. I also appreciate the individual photos by the fallen logs.

Love,
Esther

Mom W. said...

I remember seeing some of these pictures but not all.... so good to be able to relax and enjoy!!! Miss you all!!