1. West Phoenix conference. We had a great weekend in Phoenix! The ministry was great on a variety of different topics, we had a super time seeing many people we don't often get the opportunity to see, and of course, delicious food!! =) We're so glad we were able to go!
2. No pressure day. Monday we had some shopping to do, with nothing else on our schedule. We pretty much spent the entire day within a mile of the hotel where we stayed. After our shopping, we went to Cabela's (think Pro Bass Shop). They had fudge, a bunch of really neat taxidermied animals of all kinds, a museum, plus an aquarium, and did I mention they had fudge? =) Yummy! We spent about an hour and a half wandering around in there. We left Phoenix about 830pm, and just went to Tucson (a two hour drive) from there) for the night.
3. Gracia. There is finally a name for what the docs think dear Gracia has, and that's Lemmiere's Syndrome. She was walking And eating today, which is serious progress, and everyone is so thankful! They have been told that she can go home from the hospital when she is finally eating and drinking, so once they have gone to Sick Kids in Toronto to put in a special line to get medicine, she will be going home. Looking at 4-6 weeks of IV antibiotics and 12 weeks of blood thinners. Continuing to pray for this sweet girl.
4. Funny kids. This past week, Alisa asked me, "Mommy, can I hold the baby?" I told her not right then, as it wasn't a good time. She looked at me very indignantly and asked, "Well, why do YOU get to, then?"
Tonight, after the girls had a swim, they were showing me their "diving ducks" for the pool, and I was asking what their names were. Vivian's is red with a yellow beak. She told me the name of hers is, "'Bloody'", or 'Yellow Beak', no, no, no, 'Golden Beak!'" I still can't stop chuckling about "bloody"! =) She was so serious, too!
5. Nathaniel. My "baby" boy turns two on Thursday. His birthday kind of sneaked up (yes, that's the correct way to say it) on me, so his cake isn't baked yet! =) He doesn't care, though, so I won't either! Will do another post just specially for him!
6. Cool weather. Still enjoying cool mornings and hot days. Knowing that the crazy hot days of summer are coming sooner than we would like, we are enjoying each breezy day that comes!
7. Lice. I'm still trying to be thankful for this one, to tell you the truth. But my daily reading keeps reminding me that I need to "not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." (Philippians 4:6) So I know this is possible and necessary. Would appreciate your prayers as we get rid of these nasty bugs!
8. Washing machine and dryer. While this is "normal" for much of Canada and the US, there are MANY people in Mexico, and I know many other places too, that these are luxuries. Especially given the issue in number 7, these two things make me Especially thankful! =)
9. Videos. What a great way to keep bored, unhappy kiddos somewhat occupied while they have to sit still to have their heads combed and picked.
10. An AMAZING husband who helps during very stressful de-lousing times - doing laundry, making up beds, combing hair, etc. I know I've said it before, and I hope I say it many more times - my Tim is the best!!!
Sorry there aren't any pics this time. Will try to post some again, soon! Good night!