Isn't it great that you never can run out of things to be thankful for!?! Sorry to be so late again, but this week, I'm thankful for:
1. Capturing a cute video of Gwennie. She does this funny, "scrunch-nose" sniff, that is so adorable - and doubly so if she's trying clap her hands at the same time (she's not in the video). Love this dolly!
|Ha ha! A scrunch-nose selfie!! =)|
2. Time to get away with friends. Tomorrow (Thursday), we're heading to San Carlos to spend a few hours with the K family, whose daughter Shyla is down for a bit with her baby, Katie. Can't wait to see them, and spend some time together! Plus, the day is a surprise for our children! They know that something special is happening, but don't know what (we'll tell them in the morning)!
3. The young people from our assembly. This past Sunday we had 14 extra people at our table(s), to make a grand total of 23 of us. Our visitors were our older young people (17 and up), and we had a great time with them! I was telling Tim before and afterwards how thankful I am for such a great group of people - we are truly blessed to know them. On Sunday night, two of the young men sent Tim a note to tell him they wanted him to take Monday night off (speaking at the rehab centre), so he could stay home and relax with his family. They are so sweet!
4. Our safety. Safety is such a loose term, really. Generally, we feel quite safe here in our little corner of the world, even though we know there is violence all around us. We know the Lord has called us here, and so we trust Him - not imagining for a minute that nothing will ever happen to us, but knowing we are in His perfect will. Sunday afternoon, I got a phone call from a girl who lives in another state. In the past hour, her family had received a phone call saying they had kidnapped this girl's sister, and wanted ransom money. We were called to pray, and we did! 15 minutes later, we received news that the girl had not been abducted after all (she had not been answering her phone, nor was she at the home she was supposed to be at, so no one knew where she was). How thankful we were (and are) that she is safe, but we continue to pray for this family, as it's quite possible they are now a target. I'm also thankful that the scorpion I came across in our bathroom the other day didn't sting my foot! We think it was just random, as we generally don't get them in the house.
5. Phone conversations. I was able to chat with a few of our family members the last few days, and I'm always so glad when I do. The time change is always so frustrating (although I know it's not as bad for us as for some others) - but it's hard to get a time nailed down sometimes to chat!
6. Adopting families. There is something about adoption that makes my heart do flip-flops. Yesterday, a little boy in Vietnam met his forever family. Please pray for little Jadon, his dad, mom, brothers and sisters. Jadon is actually having respiratory problems since leaving the orphanage, and had to spend the night in the hospital. You can read more at their blog, Love Multiplies Here.
7. Cooler weather. I LOVE this time of year! It's still hot (30's) during the day, but this morning it was 18 C!! Yesterday we didn't have the a/c on at all, and today just for part of the day (usually depends on whether the oven is on or not).
8. No school tomorrow. Because of our trip to San Carlos, we skip the day (and will pick it up the next day). We just told the girls tonight, so it's an added perk for their surprise - Yay!! =)
9. Homeschooling. I love that we can be flexible (sometimes) in our routine, and, while keeping schooling at high importance, also having the ability to do something different if we choose to!
10. My husband. Not only am I thankful for him every week, I'm also thankful for him every day. I still can hardly believe the Lord blessed me so much by bringing us together. I love this man!